Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bowerbirds Kickstarter/treat yourself for 2013

As a lot of you know, music is really important to my life. This is doubly true when I am on the road, like I was for most of the 2012. During my first trip to Europe this spring, my sonic traveling companions were the band the Bowerbirds. To say I am a fan is a bit of an understatement. Some music just speaks to your heart to the point that it just becomes a part of you. When I left for my first trip in April, their album, The Clearing, had just come out. I honestly think I listened to that single album almost exclusively for 6 weeks straight. I started following them on Twitter as they were traveling around on tour at the same time. I thought about how lucky they were to have people to travel with since in some ways it felt like I was "on tour" alone. But their music made me not so alone, you know? When I found out they had a Kickstarter campaign up to help fund their next album and building a solar studio for them to record it in, I felt I had to share it with you. $20 for music that changes your life is such a tiny price to pay. So treat yourself and support their music. It is the perfect way to start this amazing lucky 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment