Wednesday, April 6, 2011

paul loebach/brooklyn


During my trip to nyc the past few weeks, I was lucky enough to fit in a visit to Paul Loebach's studio. I have been following his work for awhile in hopes of including him the the American Craftsmen Project.
I guess you could call him a furniture designer, but that doesn't seem to really cover it adequately. He designed the shelf, vase and candlesticks you see in this image. I really like the way his brain works. He seems to take a material or concept and just push it farther than you think it could go and to stunning effect. I still marvel at this wood shelf. Yes, that is wood. It looks almost like it has been squeezed out of a tube, don't you think? I'm really looking forward to returning to his studio next month to photograph in more detail for the project. If you aren't familiar with his work, you should definitely check out his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment