Thursday, January 27, 2011

stanford medicine magazine/


Yesterday I shot another issue of Stanford Medicine Magazine. SMM was one of my first clients when I began shooting and it has remained one of my favorites. I can't tell you how many things I have seen and learned that I would never have been able to. Luckily I don't get squeamish, so I've been able to photograph brain surgeries and liver transplants, as well as meet and take portraits of some very inspiring people changing the face of medicine and science.
This image today, of Dr. Jill Helms, is one of my favorite portraits for SMM from awhile ago. Her work involved craniofacial development/morphogenesis and regenerative medicine. I dragged her way out to a pigeon farm because her research involved them. She was a really good sport, though, as you can see. It was not the sweetest smelling place...  

No comments:

Post a Comment